Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hang on to yer hat!

Wild blustery gusty winds going on outside!
I had never imagined such wind before I moved here and the first winter storms I experience kind of freaked me out. Wind whacking against the building (not branches or anything, just the wind itself!) and rain pounding down so hard that it was bouncing back up. I couldn't quite believe my eyes.
We live on the harbour and depending on which direction the wind is blowing the seaplanes will sometimes need to taxi from downtown to right in front of our place for take-off. I can't believe that they still go on these stormy days....it's crazy gut-wrenching to watch them. We see them bobble their way towards us with their wings dipping left and right. You can almost hear the passengers praying.
We watched a take-off and a landing this afternoon that had both of us just cringing. I would hope they hand out new underwear along with the barf bags. I wonder how the pilots can function with all that screaming going on.
I remember one winter hearing that the planes were grounded due to a wind storm because the passengers couldn't handle it. The pilots were willing to go but it was too rough for regular folks.
I should ask if you get a special t-shirt when you fly on windy days like today.....they might be able to really cash in on that...I should give them a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.sdforeclosureinsider.com